Chief Technology Officer, Bright MLS
1. What are the three most important priorities or initiatives that RESO should pursue during the next two years?
• Define and drive the adoption of standards throughout the real estate ecosystem. This includes, but is not limited to, evangelizing the benefits of standards to MLS, brokers, government agencies, vendors and others. Collecting feedback from users to improve standards will increase the value of RESO. In addition, greater adoption will increase the value standards bring to all participants and the industry as a whole.
Address the needs of the real estate ecosystem. This requires understanding current and future needs, and ensuring standards are delivered in a timely manner to the marketplace. This could include extending existing standards (showing standards, etc.) or leveraging new technology (streaming, GraphQL etc.
Inclusivity and diversity. This includes diversity of thought, background, industry, geography, etc. Broadening the population of those involved will increase capacity of RESO and provide new voices with a diverse perspective to standardization opportunities. RESO should define priorities and measurement methods to ensure progress of all initiatives.
2. How do you see your contributions as a board member being utilized for realizing these priorities?
• As CTO of Bright I interact with various MLSs, Brokers, vendors, government agencies and others that benefit from using RESO standards. Through various opportunities (Bright tech and innovation summits, conferences, vendor engagements, etc.) I have the opportunity to interact with users, to advocate for and get real-time feedback from the marketplace on RESO standards.
In my role as CTO of Bright, I have many opportunities to see how RESO can support current and future needs of the marketplace. Currently, we are working with RESO workgroups to enhance showing as well as rental standards. The fact that Bright builds many proprietary products and services allows me to stay abreast of opportunities for improvements to standards, such as enhanced support for teams. Bright also uses modern technologies which will allow for new ideas to be shared and leveraged by RESO when appropriate.
I bring a strong technical background to my role with experience working in many sectors (FinTech, PropTech, Insurance, and Retail). Married with my experience working with other standards bodies such as MISMO provides me with a different perspective that could be valuable to the RESO Board.
3. The Board meets regularly, via conference calls and some in-person. Board members also are called to serve on or chair committees and special taskforces.
Are you willing and able to meet the time requirements to serve as a director for a 2-year term?
• I am ready to dedicate my schedule and time to thorough and energetic service to RESO, should my candidacy move forward.