RESO certifies systems to ensure they comply with real estate data standards. Certification ensures interoperability between technology systems that speak a common language. Standards provide that common language.
RESO Map of Certified Organizations
The Certification Process
- Pre-testing: Certification candidates should work with their technical staff or vendor to pre-test their systems with RESO’s certification tools. Pre-testing is essential to expediting certification. RESO staff is available to troubleshoot issues.
- Application and verification: Do not start a certification application until you have a confirmed, compliant RESOscript XML file from your technology vendor. Organizations who’ve passed pre-testing can apply for certification through the RESO website. RESO reviews the application for current membership status, a current signed Trademark Agreement, a signed Declaration, and agreement to the Certification Terms & Conditions (all docs available here).
- Certification payment: Certifications are complimentary for RESO members. Non-members should review the RESO Certification Fee Schedule.
- Compliance testing: RESO uses access credentials supplied by the applicant and/or applicant’s technology vendor and verifies standards conformance for the system.
- Certification: Applicants whose systems pass testing are provided with certificates from RESO.
Apply for Certification! Log In or Create a Member Account
Certification Quick Facts
- RESO is currently certifying on Web API 1.0.2 Core and Data Dictionary 1.7.
- Certifications on the two most recent versions of a standard are viewed as active certifications by RESO.
- Certification on the most recent standard is classified as “Certified Current.”
- Certification on the previous most recent standard is classified as “Certified Legacy.”
- The National Association of REALTORS® requires REALTOR®-owned and operated MLSs to be in compliance with the most recent RESO standards (i.e., Certified Current, within 12 months of RESO ratification).
- Certification isn’t just for MLSs. Brokers and technology vendors with Web API servers are also certifying with RESO.