RESO certifies systems to ensure they comply with real estate data standards. A RESO certification is a badge of honor for a system that technology developers and brokerages can rely upon to be interoperable with other tools.
The goal of certification is to bring a technology experience to real estate that consumers and professionals expect. Consumers demand a smartphone experience where apps, servers and any other systems can talk to one another and operate seamlessly together. Standards provide that common language.
Certification Quick Facts
- RESO is currently certifying on Web API 1.0.2 and Data Dictionary 1.6.
- Certifications on the two most recent versions of a standard are viewed as active certifications by RESO.
- Certification on the most recent standard is classified as “Certified Current.”
- Certification on the previous most recent standard is classified as “Certified Legacy.”
- The National Association of REALTORS® requires REALTOR®-owned and operated MLSs to be in compliance with the most recent RESO standards (i.e., Certified Current, within 12 months of RESO ratification).
- Certification isn’t just for MLSs. Brokers and technology vendors with Web API servers are also certifying with RESO.
Full Details on Certification by Organization Type
RESO Certified Organizations
- RESO Certifications Awarded: A list of organizations with current certificates awarded by RESO.
- MLSs Not Certified: A list of MLS organizations without current RESO certifications.
The Certification Process
- Application and verification: Organizations seeking certification apply through the RESO website. RESO reviews the application for current membership status, a current signed Trademark Agreement and a signed Declaration (available here).
- Certification payment: Certifications are complimentary for RESO members. Non-members should review the RESO Certification Fee Schedule.
- Compliance testing: RESO uses access credentials supplied by the applicant and/or applicant’s technology vendor and runs the appropriate tests for the system.
- Certification or troubleshooting: Applicants whose systems pass testing are provided with certificates from RESO. Systems which do not initially pass testing are guided through troubleshooting by RESO staff. Systems are retested for certification.
Log into your member account to apply for certification: