RESO certifies systems to ensure they comply with real estate data standards. A RESO certification is a badge of honor for a system which technology developers and brokerages can rely upon to be interoperable with other tools.
The goal of certification is to bring a technology experience to real estate that consumers and professionals expect. Consumers demand a smartphone experience where apps, servers, and any other systems can talk to one another and operate seamlessly together. Standards provide that common language.
MLSs owned and operated by REALTOR® associations are required by policy of the National Association of REALTORS® to be in compliance with RESO’s standards within 12 months of the standard being ratified by RESO.
MLSs which are not REALTOR® owned also choose to certify on RESO standards to move the industry toward a more efficient technology landscape. Brokerages with in-house technology certify on RESO standards, as do technology partners that supply data to brokers and agents.
If your company is interested in certification, please read this entire page before applying.
The Certification Process
- Application and verification: Organizations seeking certification apply through the RESO website. RESO reviews the application for current membership status, a current signed Trademark Agreement and a signed Declaration (available here).
- Compliance testing: RESO uses access credentials supplied by the applicant and/or applicant’s technology vendor and runs the appropriate tests for the system.
- Certification or troubleshooting: Applicants whose systems pass testing are provided with certificates from RESO. Systems which do not initially pass testing are guided through troubleshooting by RESO staff. Systems are retested for certification.
Log into your member account to apply for certification:
Certification Information by Organization Type
- Certification for MLSs
- Certification for technology partners
- Certification for brokers
- Awarded Certificates: A list of those organizations with current certificates awarded by RESO
- MLSs Not Certified: A list of MLS organizations without current RESO certifications
- RESO Certification Fee Schedule: The fees for RESO certifications, based on membership type and organization size
- RESO Web API Certification Testing Rules: Documentation of the tests that will be performed on an applicant’s system
- OpenID Certification Testing: Certification applicants may be able to test their own server’s security to reduce the overall time to receive certification. Applicants setting up their OpenID system should use “https://openid.reso.org/” as the redirect_uri.