RESO membership includes the vast majority of Multiple Listing Services in North America, from large regional cooperatives to local REALTOR®-association owned organizations and independent MLSs. Our member organizations create the foundation for a streamlined real estate technology industry.
MLSs that adopt standards at a high level see massive efficiencies in working with technology partners. This allows an MLS to onboard tools faster and at a lower cost. The reduced integration times and staff support requirements create opportunities to add more innovative tools that support agents, brokers, and MLS staff.
Real estate agents expect a seamless technology experience today, just as consumers do. RESO standards allow an MLS to deliver that experience.
- Build your brand as an innovative MLS: The industry’s MLS leaders are forging ahead with data standards initiatives. Be known as the organization that brings new innovation to your membership first by highlighting your RESO leadership.
- Shape the future of MLS tools: RESO membership gives you a seat at the table where decisions are being made that will directly impact your business’s technology
- Build or buy tools that scale and integrate faster: Through standards, MLSs have access to tools that create more efficiency in the office and productivity for agents and brokers. The MLS can adopt tools that exist in other markets at a much faster rate.
- Provide more insights through accurate data: MLS statistical tools and agent collaboration tools can provide broader and more insightful reports through seamless, standardized data.
- Understand technology’s path for strategic planning: Technology is a critical component of an MLS’s future, and RESO members can find a competitive advantage through understanding what’s coming next.
- Network with the industry’s technology and MLS leaders: RESO members include the best and brightest minds in real estate. Through conferences and meetings, members build trust and support one another through a shared commitment to technology leadership.
GET STARTED: JOIN RESO
You can become a member of RESO by completing the online application.
MLSs certify their systems to be compliant with RESO standards. A RESO certification is a badge of honor for a system which technology developers and brokerages can rely upon to be interoperable with other tools.
MLSs which are owned and operated by REALTOR® associations are required by policy to comply with RESO standards. Certifications for the RESO Data Dictionary and RESO Web API are available here.
The goal of certification is to bring a technology experience to real estate that consumers and professionals expect. Consumers demand a smartphone experience where apps, servers, and any other systems can talk to one another and operate seamlessly together. Standards provide that common language.
RESO members enjoy free certification.
What RESO Means to the MLS’s Data Partners
MLSs can influence innovation by asking data partners to join in standards adoption, as well as in RESO membership and events. RESO’s workgroups include thousands of volunteer participants from MLSs, website providers, app developers, server vendors, brokerage staff, and more.
An innovative strategic planning session for an MLS would include a component on engaging data partners in the RESO data standardization process.
Events and Meetings
- Spring Technology Summit and Fall Conference: RESO’s conferences are known for being highly collaborative and fun. Members enjoy the featured speakers, presentations, and engage in working group meetings. While real work gets done at RESO conferences, they’re also well-loved for the lively receptions, dinners, the famed bloody mary bar, and maybe even some karaoke.
- Workgroup meetings: RESO gives participants the unique opportunity to become involved in online and in-person meetings which serve as our incubators for innovation. There are many workgroups open to new members. Click here for a list of all current active workgroups.
- Member pricing benefits: RESO members receive discounted registration fees for RESO events. Members also enjoy free certification.