RESO Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI)
RESO’s Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI) creates accuracy in data across the real estate industry. Properly identifying the practitioners in a real estate listing or transaction allows for professionals and consumers to receive more insights through industry data and reports.
RESO’s volunteer workgroups are developing the framework for the ULI with many industry groups. Brokerage, MLS, technology and governmental organizations have contributed to the development of the model.
RESO ULI Contributors:
- The National Association of REALTORS® (including NRDS and RPR)
- Association of Real Estate License Law Officers (ARELLO)
- Homes.com, realtor.com and Zillow Group
- Realogy, RE/MAX, HomeServices of America, eXp Realty, Compass and Redfin
The ULI is critical to ensuring data accuracy in an ever-growing share of industry data sets. Real estate sales occur within REALTOR® MLSs, non-REALTOR® MLSs and combined markets. A model for aligning data recording across these markets creates improved accuracy for many systems.
Systems Which Benefit from the ULI:
- Affiliated broker and franchise roster data sets
- Association rosters and membership information
- Data shares across MLSs
- Aggregated listing and sales data sets for portal advertising websites
- Agent/client collaboration apps
- Market statistics, CMAs and predictive reports for agents and consumers
To join the RESO members developing the ULI, join the Research & Development Workgroup by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.