RESO certifies technology systems to ensure they comply with RESO’s open standards. MLSs and other real estate technology companies can certify their systems on the RESO Data Dictionary and RESO Web API.
MLSs which are REALTOR® association owned and operated are the most common certification recipients, as the National Association of REALTORS®’ MLS policy requires compliance with RESO’s most recent standards.
RESO Data Dictionary Certification
The RESO Data Dictionary is the real estate industry’s universal language for data. It allows a wide range of systems to talk to each other in a seamless manner.
With hundreds of MLSs, thousands of brokerages, and just as many technology partners in the real estate industry, a common language for data is essential. The RESO Data Dictionary provides an industry-approved set of thousands of data fields and details that ensure all technology systems can work together.
Data Dictionary certification tests technology systems to confirm that the fields, enumerations, and formatting of the data are in compliance with the standard.
Read more about the RESO Data Dictionary.
RESO Web API Certification
The RESO Web API is the modern way to transfer data in the real estate industry. It is built on well-known, open technology standards so that any organization can use it to deliver or receive data quickly and efficiently.
RESO Web API certification ensures that technology systems can process requests from other systems and deliver responses in a standardized fashion. The common language used is a well-known, open standard called OData, and it allows technology developers to interact with real estate systems in a way that’s well understood in any industry: RESTful requests and responses. This creates a foundation for faster innovation at a lower cost.
Certification of RESO Web API servers involves running these standardized requests on an applicant’s server and ensuring they are processed correctly while returning data in the correct, standardized format.
Read more about the RESO Web API.
RESO Certified Organizations
- RESO Certifications Awarded: A list of those organizations with current certificates awarded by RESO
- MLSs Not Certified: A list of MLS organizations without current RESO certifications
Benefits of Certification
There are many benefits to complying and certifying on the standards:
- Fewer errors: The Data Dictionary provides simplified data integration, which means data can move between systems without losing information.
- Lower maintenance costs: Data translation costs are reduced. You’ll be spending less time calling your IT department or MLS technology provider to fix data issues.
- Faster innovation, quicker iteration: By creating common standards, the need for your customers – brokerages – to create complex workarounds is eliminated. There’s more time to focus on cutting edge technology improvements.
- Staying current, relevant: RESO’s mission is to help streamline the real estate industry’s technology. Getting certified allows your MLS to focus on your customers’ technology needs today and in the future.
Read more about the RESO certification process.DLU March 10th, 2020