RESO certifies technology systems to ensure they comply with RESO’s open standards. Brokerages, MLSs, and other real estate technology companies can certify their systems on the RESO Data Dictionary and RESO Web API.
RESO Data Dictionary Certification
The RESO Data Dictionary is the real estate industry’s universal language for data. It allows a wide range of systems to talk to each other in a seamless manner.
With thousands of brokerages and hundreds of MLSs in the real estate industry, a common language for data is essential to allow broker and agent tools to work together. The RESO Data Dictionary provides an industry-approved set of thousands of data fields and details that ensure these broker needs are met.
Data Dictionary certification tests technology systems to confirm that the fields, enumerations, and formatting of the data are in compliance with the standard.
Read more about the RESO Data Dictionary.
RESO Web API Certification
The RESO Web API is the modern way to transfer data in the real estate industry. It is built on well-known, open technology standards so that any organization can use it to deliver or receive data quickly and efficiently.
Brokers want to hire technology staff and vendors who can deliver on new technology in a cost-effective manner. Using a modern API enhances brokers’ options in that hiring process.
RESO Web API certification ensures that technology systems can process requests from other systems and deliver responses in a standardized fashion. The common language used is a well-known, open standard called OData, and it allows technology developers to interact with real estate systems in a way that’s well understood in any industry: RESTful requests and responses. This creates a foundation for faster innovation at a lower cost.
Read more about the RESO Web API.
RESO Certified Organizations
- RESO Certifications Awarded: A list of those organizations with current certificates awarded by RESO
- MLSs Not Certified: A list of MLS organizations without current RESO certifications
Benefits of Certification
There are many benefits to complying and certifying on the standards:
- Fewer errors: The Data Dictionary provides simplified data integration, which means brokerage data can move between systems without losing information.
- Lower maintenance costs: You’ll be spending less time calling your IT department or technology vendor to fix data issues when your data is standardized.
- Faster innovation, quicker iteration: There’s more time to focus on cutting edge technology improvements when you’re not building complex work-arounds for non-standard data.
- Staying current, relevant: RESO’s mission is to help streamline the real estate industry’s technology. Getting certified allows your brokerages to bring a modern technology experience to agents and consumers.
Read more about the RESO certification process.