Select Page

This week’s update is heavy with workgroup recaps following the marathon run of excellent meetings held during the RESO Remote Encore fall conference. Ahead of those summaries and links to the more detailed call notes and presentations, we’ve completed our detailed RESO Remote Encore Recap of ALL activities that took place during the conference.

It’s also time to announce that nominations are open for five seats on the 2021 RESO Board of Directors!

 

New Members

We would like to welcome CartoFront, Robert Strickland, Florida REALTORS® (Form Simplicity), Northern Mountains of Pennsylvania MLS, Spanish Peaks MLS, and Yakima Association of REALTORS® and MLS into the RESO fold. We look forward to seeing more of you!

 

RESO Remote: Encore – The Recap!

Thanks again to everyone who joined us last week at RESO Remote Encore! Everything that happened during the week that was has been collected into a single, tidy document for you to sip coffee, tea, water or some other beverage to. They’re already selling egg nog at grocery stores. | READ THE RECAP

In case you missed any of the presentations, head over to our YouTube channel, hit “Subscribe” and check out our growing collection of goodies from the incredible week that was.

 

2021 RESO Board of Directors Nominations

Nominations are open for five seats on the 2021 RESO Board of Directors. The RESO Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of RESO and development of the organization’s Strategic Plan.

All candidates for the Board must be a representative of a RESO member organization.

Open Seats in This Election:
One (1) Class B (Technology Companies, Developers, Partners & Consultants) with revenue over $25 million annually.
Two (2) Class C (MLSs and REALTOR® Associations) with fewer than 50,000 subscribers.
Two (2) Class D (Real Estate Brokerages, Brokers, Agents & Appraisers) any tier.

To submit your nomination, please complete the Candidacy form. | 2021 STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY FORM

Election Timeline:
November 16, 2020 – Nominations Close
November 18, 2020 – Voting Opens
December 2, 2020 – Voting Closes
December 7, 2020 – Results Announced

BOD NOMINEES ON THE RESO WEBSITE

If you have any questions, please contact support@reso.org.

 

RESO Committees and Workgroups

Note: Most links to workgroup information require member login to RESO’s online collaboration environment, Confluence.

Broker Advisory Workgroup Meeting | October 27, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group discussed the Working with Real Estate Data (WWRED) course, which has been created and solicited beta testers for the course. Then Networked Office and Web (NOW) Policy and Model was discussed in-depth, as RESO works with CMLS and NAR to create a single, efficient framework for data needs. A Broker Advisory Facebook Workgroup is in the works, and that was discussed as well. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Share draft of the WWRED course with beta testers.

Research & Development Workgroup Meeting | October 27, 2020

Meeting Summary: After a brief overview of the workgroup’s mission and a presentation of recent accomplishments, the bulk of this meeting covered the ongoing effort to build a Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI) product to an audience much wider than the one that is usually present during ULI Subgroup meetings. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Continue building out the data pilots and match scoring.
  • Continue efforts to create workflow outlines.

Data Dictionary Workgroup Meeting | October 27, 2020

Meeting Summary: After a brief introduction to what the workgroup does and how to be a part of it, items up for discussion included Display Names (and Standard Names), the Tax Subgroup, the Authorization Information for Data Consumers Subgroup, the Caravan Subgroup, MemberStateLicenseState, TaxAnnualAmountPerSquareFoot, and Data Dictionary 1.8. The workgroup added keys for MemberStateLicenseState and voted in the new collections as amended. The group agreed to table the discussion on TaxAnnualPerSquareFoot, allowing time for more review. And, finally, Data Dictionary 1.8 was closed. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Complete the addition of all new DD 1.8 items to the draft DD 1.8 wiki.
  • Post notes for the first Authorization Information for Data Consumers Subgroup.
  • Schedule the first Caravan Subgroup meeting.
  • Double back on the TaxAnnualAmountPerSquareFoot discussion to add clarity for a possible revote at an upcoming meeting.

Cross-Platform Interoperability Workgroup Meeting | October 28, 2020

Meeting Summary: This was a conference workgroup meeting, and these meetings tend to be summarizations of activity since the last conference. Discussion topics included Catharine MacIntosh as the workgroup’s new vice-chair, the mission of the group, the RESO Common Event Model, data flow diagrams, the Transaction Management Resource and the “Who’s Who in Organized Real Estate” industry map. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Assure that we have all the necessary LookupValue and LookupDisplayName items listed correctly in the TransactionManagementResource working file.
  • Continue work on data flow diagrams.
  • Continue work on the industry map diagram.

Distributed Ledger Workgroup Meeting | October 28, 2020

Meeting Summary: After briefly going over what the workgroup does and what has been delivered so far, most of the meeting was used to present what the group is currently working on, which is helping to bring forth a RESO Standard Event Model, working on a Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI) and helping the Universal Property Identifier (UPI) Workgroup with distributed ledger ideas. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Continue efforts with the ULI Subgroup and UPI Workgroup.
  • Track the progress of the RESO Standard Event Model and how it may be incorporated into the Data Dictionary.

Transport Workgroup Meeting | October 28, 2020

Meeting Summary: After a brief overview of the purpose and mechanics of the workgroup, a final review and discussion was performed on testing specifications for Web API Core 1.0.2 and Data Dictionary 1.7 (including RCP-031). Both specifications passed and have been moved to the RESO Board of Directors for final ratification. The Payloads Testing Specification still has some items to clarify before going to a vote during the next Transport Workgroup meeting. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Ratify the items that passed a vote during this meeting with the RESO Board of Directors.
  • Be prepared to vote on the Payloads Testing Specification at the next meeting.
  • Establish a data retention policy.

Universal Property Identifier (UPI) Workgroup Meeting | October 29, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group did a high-level overview of what the UPI is, how it works and what the workgroup is working on now for a larger-than-usual conference crowd. Special attention was given to the Property Subtype Standardization project, the UPI Registry and a new survey about the UPI and UPI Registry that will include awareness, usage, value, contribution interest and other important questions for this juncture of the UPI. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Complete and share the UPI & UPI Registry survey.

Internet Tracking Workgroup Meeting | October 29, 2020

Meeting Summary: Most of the meeting was spent reviewing the purpose of the workgroup, past accomplishments and the Internet Tracking Summary Fields white paper, which is now complete and ready to be published and publicized. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Publish the Internet Tracking Summary Fields document to RESO’s public website.
  • Possibly discuss leads and other items cut for time during the next meeting.

Payloads Workgroup Meeting | October 29, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group mostly held an informal chat about the new, more focused role of the Payloads Workgroup to make recommendations and offer guidance about the importance of including individual fields as part of RESO Certification. The Payloads Testing Specification is ready for review, and the future of payloads as relates to the Data Dictionary and Transport workgroups looks bright. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Revisit the DMG and TRIBUS IDX Payload Responses worksheet.
  • Review the draft of the Payloads Testing Specification.

Authorization for Data Consumers Subgroup Meeting | November 3, 2020

Meeting Summary: This was the first meeting of the Authorization for Data Consumers Subgroup. The time was spent reviewing the business case and its proposed fields/enumerations with a more critical group eye. There is general consensus among group members that the business case is solid and should continue to be fine-tuned. Properly labeling and defining the fields and potentially adding/removing fields is the next task at hand. | VIEW CALL NOTES

Action Items 

  • Delve into the Fields more.

 

Workgroup Meetings This Week

  • November 10: Cross-Platform Interoperability | VIEW AGENDA
  • November 11: UPI Registry (Subgroup of the Universal Property Identifier (UPI) Workgroup)
  • November 12: Certification (Subgroup of the Transport Workgroup)
  • November 13: Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI) (Subgroup of the Research & Development Workgroup)
DLU November 10th, 2020