Select Page

“Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.” – John Bender, The Breakfast Club. While these immortal words may be true, we’ll always attempt to keep your attendance record perfect at RESO – something ol’ John Bender wouldn’t know anything about.

Thus, we’re notifying you of a workgroup meeting change from this week to next week, and we’re giving you fair warning that you’ll miss out on yet another incredible sponsored RESO conference t-shirt if you don’t register for RESO Remote Encore by Friday, September 18.

The rest of the weekly e-newsletter is pretty good, too. Have a great week.

 

 

Announcement: Data Dictionary Workgroup Meeting Moved to Next Week

Please note that this Thursday’s scheduled Data Dictionary Workgroup meeting has moved to Thursday, September 24. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Please plan accordingly. We love it when there’s a full house.

 

Upcoming Data Dictionary Meeting
Thursday, September 24, 2020, at 12:00 pm ET / 9:00 am PT

 

 

Deadline to Receive RESO Conference T-Shirt: Friday, September 18!

Hurry! This is the last week to ensure that you are registered in time to receive your official #RESOremote Encore t-shirt, and we don’t want you to miss out!

This year’s shirt, sponsored by Stellar MLS, is awesome! You will definitely want to add it your collection of RESO merch, or use it to start a new collection! #RockYourRESO | REGISTER NOW

You can still register for the conference after Friday, September 18, of course, but that is our deadline for shirt orders.

If you have already registered for RESO Remote Encore without submitting your t-shirt size, you should have received an email inquiry from us about your preference.

 

 

RESO Remote: Encore – Album Collection

Please follow the link to enter our RESO Remote: Encore “Standards Collection” Record Room! | VISITORS

https://www.reso.org/remote-encore-album-releases/

 

RESO Remote Encore: The Standards Collection will be held on October 27–29, 2020. | REGISTER NOW

 

 

RESO Remote: Encore – Call for Musicians

RESO is lucky enough to have some musicians in our workgroup midst, and we’ve invited several of them to help us out with our musical conference theme. But we’re feeling greedy for more fine musical offerings and want to put out our feelers for more #RockYourRESO fun this fall.

If you feel so inclined to share your talents and please contact us at support@reso.org, and we’ll get back to you.

 

 

RESO Committees and Workgroups

Note: Most links to workgroup information require member login to RESO’s online collaboration environment, Confluence.

Cross-Platform Interoperability Workgroup Meeting | September 8, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group first received a presentation about achieving a RESO Standard Event Model, a topic that has now been shared across multiple workgroups that have been working on event-related projects. From there, the group worked heavily on visualizations of a transaction story, seller journey and even an industry road map, while also discussing plans for what will be presented at the next RESO conference. | CALL NOTES

Action Items:

  • Turn the RESO: Buyer Offer on Listing visualization into the who/what/where/why/how chart sample from the RESO Standard Event Model; share in the Technical Track: Standard Event Model Discussions Forum.
  • Focus on linking items: Property vs. People, Document vs. Property; share in the Technical Track: Standard Event Model Discussions Forum.
  • Share the Seller Journey / Industry Road Map document in a Discussions Forum.
  • Convert any existing Excel spreadsheets into Google Sheets and get them posted on the workgroup home page in Confluence.
Transport Workgroup Meeting | September 8, 2020

Meeting Summary: RCP-032 was reviewed, which proposes the creation of a dedicated resource to be used for enumerations rather than requiring they be defined in metadata as they have been historically. Progress on the Data Dictionary and Web API specifications and testing tools was then reviewed, followed by a discussion of adding support for an OpenHouse expansion in Property (Listing) records. | CALL NOTES

Action Items:

  • Post discussion items in the Transport discussion forum regarding RCP-032 and the Web API Core and Data Dictionary specifications.
UPI Registry Subgroup Meeting | September 9, 2020

Meeting Summary: This first official UPI Registry Subgroup was lightly attended, but it packed a full lunch in terms of capturing unfiltered ideas from a variety of roles and organizations within the real estate industry, including executive, managerial, technical, nontechnical, marketing, entrepreneurial, vendor, MLS, association, brokerage and even pseudo-governmental. It was an honest renewal of the UPI Registry discussion. | CALL NOTES

Action Items:

  • Get the UPI Workgroup home page cleaned up and current in terms of working documents.

 

 

Workgroup Meetings This Week

 

September 16: Internet Tracking
September 17: Certification (Subgroup of Transport)
September 18: Unique Licensee Identifier (ULI) (Subgroup of Research & Development)

 

DLU September 15th, 2020