Select Page

August may have come to a close, but the heat is on for RESO Remote Encore: The Standards Collection registrations. We’re still looking for speakers, but available spots are filling up fast, so if you have something you would like to share with your colleagues, now is the time.

We round out this week’s update with not one but TWO in-depth conversations with RESO CEO Sam DeBord courtesy of Mark Messimer from MLSListings and Eric Stegemann from TRIBUS, followed by the goings-on of not one but FIVE action-packed workgroup meetings last week!



Registrations are Pouring In! No Seat Limits! Let the Music Play!

RESO Remote Encore: The Standards Collection, October 27–29, 2020

If you were already registered for RESO Fall, we will move you to RESO Remote Encore. A credit will be applied to your account for the difference. That credit can be used to: a) register more attendees from your organization, or b) go toward your 2021 membership renewal.

Please note that if you are registering as a “non-member,” you will be prompted to create an account when you visit the event registration link.

If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact

Many community experiences and personal touches will be packed into the event in order to keep the mood light while keeping the productivity heavy. | REGISTER!

Call for Speakers!

We are still looking for industry experts with terrific topics who are excellent presenters from MLSs, real estate brokerages, real estate technology partners and other technology firms, as well as start-ups that intersect with real estate data.

If you have industry knowledge of data standards and/or the real estate industry, we are also looking for moderators who are skilled at facilitating engaging discussion. Interested? Visit our Speaker Presentation Request page for details, and make your submission today!



Clear Cooperation Rule and MLS Standards For Brokerages With RESO

The standards for how real estate data is transferred from MLSs to data vendors has been updated. Has your real estate brokerage platform vendor updated their platform to use the RESO Data Dictionary and the RESO Web API?

RESO CEO Sam DeBord joined TRIBUS CEO Eric Stegemann to discuss how RESO helps brokers and why they should pay attention to these standards.

Said Sam about the experience, “Conversations with Eric Stegemann are always on point, maybe because we both started in real estate as brokers and truly feel the pain points on the technology side.” |  LISTEN TO THE PODCAST AND/OR VIEW THE FULL CONVERSATION TRANSCRIPT

Covered during the conversation:

  • What is RESO and why brokers should join?
  • MLS Clear Cooperation (Rule 8)
  • MyDX (brokers getting their own data)



MLSListings and RESO Work Together to Drive Innovation and Create Efficiency

Mark Messimer, the Director of Outreach/Education Services at MLSListings interviewed RESO Sam DeBord about how MLSListings and RESO are taking leadership roles in driving innovation, creating efficiency, and empowering real estate professionals with scalable tools that cross marketplaces and deliver more accurate, robust and informative data. | WATCH VIDEO



RESO Committees and Workgroups

Note: Most links to workgroup information require member login to RESO’s online collaboration environment, Confluence.

Distributed Ledger Workgroup Meeting | August 25, 2020

Meeting Summary: This was a working meeting to complete the definitions of Resources and Lookups of the RESO Event Model ahead of resubmission to the Data Dictionary Workgroup in the format desired by that group. | CALL NOTES

Action Items: Resubmit Event Model V 1.5 to the Data Dictionary Workgroup.


Broker Advisory Workgroup Meeting | August 26, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group touched on the latest efforts toward the Working with Real Estate Data and The Experience Record initiatives before really delving into topics related to data access, including the NOW Model, ULI and the notion of MLS “listing content” vs. data in broker feeds. | CALL NOTES

Action Items

  • Tap volunteers for WWRED curriculum writing and review.
  • Plan out the ramifications of and potential management structure for a Facebook Group for the Broker Advisory Workgroup.
  • Follow the path of the NOW model within CMLS.
  • Continue to think about and plan for more data availability in broker feeds, which is currently an active discussion point in the Payloads Workgroup.
Universal Property Identifier (UPI) Workgroup Meeting | August 26, 2020

Meeting Summary: After a couple of review meetings in a row, the group made some concrete headway toward getting access to a Canadian perspective for the regular “International Update” portion of the meeting, followed by an agreement to establish a formal Registry API Subgroup and possibly even a Property SubTypes Subgroup. The subgroups would exist until major milestones are met and then would be folded back into the UPI Workgroup for any necessary ongoing maintenance. | CALL NOTES

Action Items

  • Get the presentation from Anthony Percaccio and post it for workgroup view.
  • Establish a formal Registry API Subgroup.
Payloads Workgroup Meeting | August 27, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group once again went through a couple of data-driven worksheets that show which fields are most popular in data feeds to help determine what a required IDX payload might look like. Except for this meeting, the results of those worksheets were partially blended to provide an even better scoring mechanism. The group also delved into the philosophical origins to the Payloads Workgroup to assure that the purpose of this exercise and future exercises is on mission. | CALL NOTES

Action Items

  • Continue to tag fields for Must Have and/or Core status for an IDX payload recommendation.
Tax Subgroup Meeting | August 27, 2020

Meeting Summary: The group focused on how best to collect metadata for tax-related fields from organizations that provide such information. Group members will be reaching out to the industry for help with collecting this information with an initial collection deadline of September 20. | CALL NOTES

Action Items

  • Reach out to Black Knight, Remine and other companies mentioned that were not already represented on this call.
  • Set September 20 as an initial deadline for metadata collection.



Workgroup Meetings This Week

September 3: Research & Development
September 3: Certification (Subgroup of Transport)
September 4: Unique Licensee Identifier (Subgroup of Research & Development)
September 4: Board Liaison Committee