RALEIGH, N.C., Dec. 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Real Estate Standards Organization, or RESO, announced today the results of its Board of Directors election and appointments of directors, as well as its 2018 Officers.
“Testament to the growing success and influence of RESO, this Board election attracted the largest number of candidates ever to vie for open RESO board seats in the history of our organization,” said Art Carter, Chair of the RESO Board and CEO, California Regional MLS or CRMLS.
“A remarkable 17 highly respected and involved industry leaders ran for just five Director openings, and each of them were extremely well qualified. With those elected, we are ensured a bright future for RESO as well as growing implementation of RESO standards throughout the real estate industry.”
2018 Officers elected to the Executive Board include:
- Art Carter, CEO, California Regional MLS or CRMLS, Chair – re-elected
- Michael Wurzer, President & CEO, FBS, Creators of Flexmls, Vice Chair – elected
- Richard Renton, CEO, Triad MLS, Treasurer – re-elected
- Tim Dain, President, Mid America Regional Information Systems Inc. (MARIS), Secretary – elected
RESO Board of Director elected representing Technology Companies, Developers, Partners & Consultants with revenue over $25 Million:
- Chip McAvoy, Black Knight – elected
RESO Board of Directors elected representing Technology Companies, Developers, Partners & Consultants with revenue under $25 Million:
- Michael Wurzer, President & CEO, FBS, Creators of Flexmls – re-elected
- Scott Woodard, CEO, ShowingTime – elected
RESO Board of Directors elected representing Multiple Listing Services and/or Realtor Affiliated Association with less than 50,000 members:
- Richard Renton, CEO, Triad MLS – re-elected
RESO Board of Directors elected (unopposed) representing other association or standards groups:
- Jeffrey Young, Realtors Property Resource, LLC (RPR), Chief of Operations
Newly appointed member to the RESO Board of Directors, representing the National Association of REALTORS®:
- Todd Carpenter, Managing Director of Data Analytics, National Association of REALTORS®
The RESO Board of Directors appointed four members representing the Real Estate Brokerage Industry, including:
- Alon Chaver, CIO, HomeServices of America – reappointed
- John De Souza, President, Cressy & Everett Real Estate – newly appointed
- David Gumpper, CTO, Michael Saunders & Company – reappointed
- Paul Boomsma, President, Luxury Portfolio, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World – reappointed
The RESO Board also made Director appointments to two open Board seats:
- Suzanne Zinn Mueller, SVP of Industry Relations, Move, Inc.
- Curt Beardsley, VP MLS Partnerships, Zillow Group
Other 2018 RESO Board members include Mark Lesswing, National Association of REALTORS®; Ethan Bailey, Senior Director of Software Engineering & Technology, CoreLogic; Chris Carrillo, CEO, Metro MLS; Brian Donnellan, COO, Bright MLS; and Steve Byrd, Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc.
“As we welcome and congratulate our new officers and newly elected Board members, we also must share our deep appreciation for those whose term is ending and have served our RESO Board with incredible distinction,” said RESO CEO Jeremy Crawford.
Crawford cited departing board members Craig Cheatham, President and CEO of The Realty Alliance; Chad Curry, Managing Director for Center for REALTOR® Technology at National Association of REALTORS®; Tim Ford, President and CEO of dynaConnections; and Glenn Shimkus, Advisory Board Member of DocuSign.
“Their unquestionable support of RESO helped advance our ability to attract the best-of-the-best to our organization and chart a bright future for real estate data standards,” Crawford added.
The mission of the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) is to create and promote the adoption and utilization of standards that drive efficiency throughout the real estate industry. RESO was incorporated in November 2011 as an independent, not-for-profit trade organization that was previously a section of the National Association of REALTORS®. RESO has more than 730 active members, including NAR, multiple-listing services, real estate associations, brokerages and industry technology providers. For more information, visit www.reso.org. Contact RESO via email at email@example.com.