Over 230 attendees have already registered for the RESO Spring Technology Summit, “From Broker Innovation to Web APIs: Blue Chip Tech in Boise,” set for April 29 to May 2. We’re fast closing in on a sellout six weeks before the event, so if you are thinking about attending – or bringing someone with you – now is the time to act!
RESO conferences have a well-earned reputation for offering exceptional content and incomparable networking opportunities. They not only attract some of the industry’s top decision makers and brightest tech minds, but our Summit schedule allows for people to spend time together, meeting face-to-face. RESO summits like this one are also are unique because space is limited: it’s another reason why we keep selling out.
The “Blue Chip” Tech Summit
Boise is well-known internationally for its blue football field — a.k.a. “Smurf Turf” — and home of the Boise State University Broncos. But Boise is also a home for major operations of leading blue chip technology firms, including HP and Micron. In November, USA Today reported Boise as a “Top 25 Most Innovative City in the US.” The lineup of topics and speakers for our RESO Summit are equally stellar.
Among the Spring Technology Summit highlights:
- Auto-Populating Green Data Into Listings: The Regional Multiple Listing Service (RMLS™) was the first MLS in the US to add green fields in the spring of 2007. In the fall of 2017, RMLS became the first MLS to auto-populate Home Energy Scores from a real-time data service, Earth Advantage’s Green Building Registry API. Hear how the City of Portland’s Home Energy Score program jump-started the effort and got data flowing in a way that is easy for listing agents and energy assessors. Speakers: David Heslam, Executive Director at Earth Advantage Institute and Greg Moore, Chief Technology Officer at RMLS, who also Chairs the RESO Research & Development Workgroup.
- Sí, Hablamos Espanol: A discussion on implementing the Data Dictionary in Spanish: The latest version of the RESO Data Dictionary 1.7 provides Spanish-language capabilities. Moderator: Amy Gorce, Principal, Business Development at CoreLogic. Panelists: Jonelle Simmons, Team Lead Product Management Group at My Florida Regional MLS (MFRMLS); Michael Mckay, MLS IT Coordinator at Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS® and Greg Moore, Chief Technology Officer at RMLS™.
- Mapping MISMO to RESO Data Dictionary: MISMO® is the standards development body for the mortgage industry. MISMO and RESO are both making strides for standards development in the mortgage and real estate industries. Dr. Harigopal has mapped the RESO Data Dictionary to MISMO and will share his work with the audience in this exciting development. Speaker: Dr. Umesh Harigopal, Co-Founder & CEO, PropMix.io LLC
- Everything You Need to Know to Succeed with Web APIs: Learn why APIs are the way forward for real estate, the problems they solve, opportunities they create and how to implement them today. Speakers: Developers and API experts from the Zillow Group.
- The Unstoppable Power of Blockchain: Making Data Transparent, Provable and Immutable: A dive into the impact of blockchain on real estate and what is happening today. ULedger Inc is a local Boise company. Speaker: Peter Anewalt, Co-Founder / Chief Operating Officer at ULedger Inc.
Decide the future of real estate, in person
Another huge highlight in Boise will be the in-person RESO Workgroup meetings. This is where volunteers can meet face-to-face and put in the hard work it takes to get standards in place to advance the future of our business.
During the three days of the Spring Tech Summit, the Broker Advisory Group, along with seven of the eight RESO Workgroups (which meet monthly by conference call), will meet in person. These Workgroups include Cross-Platform Interoperability, Data Dictionary, Distributed Ledger, Internet Tracking, Research and Development, Universal Property Identification and Web API (formerly Transport). The preliminary conference agenda schedule of Workgroup meeting times is online here.
Great value, good times
Finally, RESO Conferences also are known for their affordability. RESO is an independent, not-for-profit trade organization with limited staff and primarily depends on volunteer support. That’s why we rely on sponsors to help us keep our conferences both affordable and fun!
For this year’s Technology Summit, our local host, Intermountain MLS, is a Platinum Sponsor, along with realtor.com and Zillow Group. FBS, CoreLogic, Centralized Showing Service, Inc. and Auth0 are all Gold Sponsors. DynaConnections Corporation, Lone Wolf and ShowingTime are Silver Sponsors. CRS Data, remine, RPR | Realtor Property Resource, RE/MAX and Austin Board of REALTORS® are all Bronze Sponsors.
All of this incredible support allows us not only to host amazing after-hours receptions, but your low-cost Summit registration fee includes a full breakfast for three days of the event, two days of lunches, and evening receptions that include food and drinks, hosted by our top Sponsors.
If you are not a RESO member, there’s no better place to understand the value of a RESO membership than to join us in Boise. If you are a RESO member and haven’t yet registered, it’s time to go online now and reserve your space before we are all filled up. It looks to be a blue chip event in every sense in Boise! To register online go to https://www.reso.org/spring-mtg.DLU March 13th, 2019